Sweet Potato Bisque
This smooth sweet potato bisque hits the spot when you want creamed soup.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups sweet potato, chunks
- 2 cups vegetable broth, use scraps from juicing to boil in water and make your own
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk, I found a great 50/50 mix unsweetened
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- *Healthy additions - garlic, nutritional yeast, curry, turmeric
- Put sweet potato and onion into a pot of the veggie broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce and cook until sweet potatoes and onions are soft and tender.
- Pour mix into Vitamix (or other blender) and add milk. Put in additions if need be and blend.
- Some may like it blended until smooth some may like the blender on low to medium so that there are some chunks of potato.
- Add thyme and cayenne also.
The Ghosh Center Phase One Prehabilitation Program
Sweet potatoes provide a great source of beta-carotene and fiber. It also has been touted as one of the most nutritious vegetables.