Taco Salad aka Haystack
Beans combined with brown rice in this taco salad results in a complete protein – contains all the essential AMINO ACIDS our body needs.
Yield: Makes 2 Servings
- 1 bag Party-tizers or multigrain corn chip
- 1 15 oz. can chili beans or Three Bean Chili with Pasta minus the pasta, heated
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced olives
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 avocado, diced or sliced or guacamole
- Salsa of choice
- Sour cream, optional
- Heat, shred, chop and slice above ingredients as mentioned. Put in individual bowls or place decoratively on a large platter.
- Place the desired amount of chips on a plate – crush or leave whole
- Spoon beans or chili over chips, followed by desired amount of shredded cheese and rice.
- Top off warm foods with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, olives, onions, and salsa. Top it off with sour cream if desired.
- Some like to “mix it up” at this point, others like it “as is”. Either way—ENJOY!
The Ghosh Center Phase One Prehabilitation Program
- High FIBER meals help to reduce cancer risk, control blood sugar and aid in removing toxins from the body.
- Excellent PROTEIN source and numerous minerals including phosphorus, iron, protein, and molybdenum, which, when deficient in the body has been linked to stomach and esophageal cancers.
- Beans combined with brown rice results in a complete protein – contains all the essential AMINO ACIDS our body needs.
- Vegetable rich lifestyle REDUCES THE RISK of cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, hypertension, stroke, Alzheimer’s, digestive disorders, and cancer.