Black beans make a great meat substitute in this vegetable lasagna!
- 3 lasagna slices per layer or more
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup chopped vegetables of season
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup rehydrated black beans
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Optional: paprika, basil, oregano
- For Cheese layer: Use quantity of preference, shredded mozzarella
- To cook the noodles:
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Spray cookie sheet or spread coconut oil or butter to grease sheet.
- Set slices onto sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake slices for 5 minutes each side, then remove from oven.
- Set slices aside and lower oven temperature to 375F degrees.
- For sauce layer:
- In large skillet with coconut oil or butter, add vegetables, seasonings and sauce (or tomatoes).
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Put it all together:
- Grease glass dish.
- Begin to spread 1/3 sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Layer to finish off:
- Add a layer of zucchini and then a layer of sauce.
- There should be about 3 layers.
- Optional Cheese: sprinkle on layers or on top or both!
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
The Ghosh Center Phase One Prehabilitation Program