Winter Wheat Berry Salad
This salad is great year round! Enjoy it alone, with a smoothie or as a side.
- 1 cup wheat berries
- 2 carrots
- 1-2 stocks celery, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼-1/2 cup dried fruit ( I suggest dried cranberries or cherries)
- 1 TBS dried parsley or ½ cup fresh
- Dressing – 3 TBS olive oil, 2 TBS lemon juice, ¾ tsp cumin, ½ tsp fresh local honey,
- Cook the wheat berries on medium heat in a pot of water & drain, about 1 hour.
- Steam the carrots over the berries or roast in the oven with olive oil and S&P; I cut them on the mandolin.
The Ghosh Center Phase One Prehabilitation Program